martes, 27 de julio de 2010

The Doors - Touch Me



The Doors - Touch Me
Lyrics:
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon now
Touch me, babe
Can't you see that I am not afraid?
What was that promise that you made?
Why won't you tell me what she said?
What was that promise that she made?

Now, I'm gonna love you
Till the heavens stop the rain
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky
For you and I

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon now
Now touch me, baby
Can't you see that I am not afraid?
What was that promise that you made?
Why won't you tell me what she said?
What was that promise that she made?

I'm gonna love you
Till the heavens stop the rain
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I I'm gonna love you
Till the heavens stop the rain
I'm gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky
For you and I


Y como no tengo ganas de buscar un buen traductor lo pongo en ingles ja!

"Touch Me" is a song by The Doors from their album The Soft Parade. Written by Robby Krieger, its riff was influenced by The Four Seasons' "C'mon Marianne." It is notable for its extensive usage of brass and string instruments (including a powerful solo by featured saxophonist Curtis Amy) to accent Jim Morrison's vocals. It was one of the most popular singles by The Doors.

It was released as a single in December 1968. The song reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #1 in the Cashbox Top 100 in early 1969 (the band's third American number-one single). The single also did well elsewhere, peaking at #1 in the RPM Canadian Singles Chart and at #10 in the Kent Music Report in Australia. However, despite the band's commercial success the previous year, "Touch Me" did not chart in the UK Singles Chart.


Working titles

According to Bruce Botnick's liner notes the song was initially referred to by its various working titles; "I'm Gonna Love You," from a line in the chorus, or "Hit Me," a reference to black jack playing. The opening line was originally "C'mon, hit me, I'm not afraid," the line thus reflecting the first person vantage point of a black jack player. Morrison reportedly changed the lyric out of concern that rowdy crowds at their live shows would mistakenly believe that "hit me" was a challenge to physically assault him.

One of the most famous television appearances of the Doors is of the group performing "Touch Me" on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour along with the single's B-side, "Wild Child." During the performance, Jim Morrison missed his cue for the lines "C'mon, c'mon" and Robby Krieger could be seen with a black eye.


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario